Funny internet dating poems adult sex dating in mcminnville oregon
The ruins of this ancient town still exist, 8 km east of Rohri, in Sukkur district. In 711 AD, the Arabs invaded Sindh, led by 17-year-old Muhammad bin Qasim, and Sukkur (including all of Sindh and lower Punjab) became part of the Umayyad Caliphate.
Later Mughals and many semi-autonomous tribes ruled over Sukkur. In 1833, Shah Shuja (a warlord of Kandahar, Afghanistan) defeated the Talpurs near Sukkur and later made a solemn treaty with the Talpur ruler, by which he relinquished all claims on Sindh.
Sukkur has been an important strategic centre and trading route from time immemorial.
Alor (or Aror, Sukkur) held the status of capital under the reign of Musikanos, when Alexander invaded the region in 326 BC.
The spelling of the city’s name in Sindhi suggests that it is the origin of the name.
Sukkur is nicknamed as ” (the Gift of River), as without the Indus the city would be a desert.
Later, the arched Ayub Bridge was inaugurated on May 6, 1962 and railway traffic was shifted there.
People living in the villages have their own way of life which is quite different from the city dwellers.The district of Sukkur was constituted in 1901 out of part of Shikarpur District.